Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday the 16th


Kristin

This lovely young lady is our daughter, Kristin, during her visit last year and she's cuddling with our very affectionate cat, Socks. Krissy lives in California and she's planning on a return visit with us at the end of this month which we're looking forward to.


A larger image of Krissy and Socks can be found here. I'm taking an opportunity here to practice a little bit of my new found hobby -- HTML.


We actually have five cats which sounds like an inordinate amount of felines but since we live in the "country" cats are somewhat of a necessity to keep the rodent population down. When I was single and a city boy I never had the "opportunity" to take care of any form of pet ... well, I had a fish bowl and managed to keep them happy but that was the extent of owning pets. My wife, however, grew up on a farm and dogs and cats are not only pets but also "helpful" friends.

Our dogs serve as our "alarm" system for unwanted intruders -- not human intruders. Never have had any problems with someone intruding on our property or possessions. We never lock our doors on the house nor cars. This reminds me of when I was growing up in the late 50s and early 60s and my parents never locked the house. Living in the country does provide some innate security from prowlers (human) but there are plenty of non-human, noctural, creatures that wander around unhindered -- bears for instance, but that's another story for later.



And then there's Jake, our "indoor" dog, our constant companion and friend.

jake


I'm afraid I've run out of day and it's time to "hit the sack". Good night all.


chuck signature


No comments: